Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cow Skull beading

Posted by dovesgrandma (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 13, 09 at 13:46

I have obtain a few nice cow skulls. I have seen them decorated by beading. I would like to know how this is done. At one time someone had mention using beeswax as the base for holding the beads. Would love to have some suggestions. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cow Skull beading

The garden junkers use ge silicone II for windows and doors/clear for almost everything. Bone would be porous, so silicone would be good for that reason. Not sure tho, you might want to ask over there at Garden Junk. Seems like a fantastic project. Have fun!
kathy

o

Did anyone ever find out how to do this? I have a skull and want to do this for my daughter for Christmas.

o

There's a gal on the stained glass & mosaics forum that did a couple skulls ..... they are the most awesome thing I have even seen. Maybe you could do a search or even ask the creator to post a pic. Weldbond is a great glue for seed beads...

o

I also want to find out the method of using wax to hold the beads on the cow skull. Doesn't the wax dry out? Is the wax permanent? I have been using E6000, but it is very difficult to use with tiny seed beads. Wax seems easier. It must be a secret because I can't find any info on it.

o

No small feat you've decided to undertake! :) This craft is done using a free form peyote stitch. Time consuming, but beautiful! Good luck with your project! :)

o

No small feat you've decided to undertake! :) This craft is done using a free form peyote stitch. Time consuming, but beautiful! Good luck with your project! :)

o

I see this post was started in 2009

But there seems to still be some interest...

So I'm posting a link to some pictures if you'd like to see them. Some are just beautiful.

patti

Here is a link that might be useful: pics of beaded skull heads

o

pattico, the pics are awesome. Did anyone ever find instructions/directions on how to do this?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here