Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to paint a picture frame

Posted by verenab (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 4, 06 at 12:11

I just painted my living room yellow and I have a large picture hanging in top of the fire place that I love. Unfortunately it has a frame (which I cannot remove - and there is no glass) that is gold and also has a silver section in it. I would really like to make it black but don't want to just give it a black paint cover, but perhaps just "rub" some black on so the other color shows better. The gold just doesn't show against the yellow. What type of paint should I use? Black glaze? Regular paint? What technique should I use to paint?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to paint a picture frame

You could test some black glaze on the back of frame to see how it does. If you have any artist's black oil paint, that also could be tested, both done in a wipe on - wipe off method.
Rhonda

o
RE: How to paint a picture frame

I had three wood frames that were all dented and different colors. I took a black permenant marker and colored them. I was pleasently surprised at how well they came out. Not sure how oyu would add the show through parts though.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here