Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wooden rolling pins

Posted by neversink4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 23, 12 at 12:01

I am planning on having a garage sale in a couple of months. I have a number of old wooden rolling pins that I thought I could sell if I could come up with an interesting way to present them. Does anyone know of any inovative ways to use these items or a "simple" craft idea?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wooden rolling pins

I've been thinking about this since I saw your post the other day. I use mine for piecrust!

But here is a link talking about using them to make rolling stamps and decorative bird houses.

Sections could be wooden wheels for toys. I love the rolling stamp idea. May have to try it.

Good luck and post what you decide.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rolling pin crafts

o
Better

Here's a better post about rolling stamps. It seems to me you could glue pre cut foam shapes to the pins too, instead of or in addition to the hand cut ones. That would be a very fun project with kids to make gift paper and book marks or what ever.
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rolling pin stamps

o

You say "old" rolling pins.
How old?
There are people that collect them.
When you advertise your sale,
You might mention them,
Say something like "Several collectable wood rolling pins".

Rusty

o

Just a thought, you could sand until one side is flat, to where it would stand up by itself, then use a drill w/a bit that will drill a hole and use it for a candle holder.

o

I have a wooden rolling pin that I think is very special! In 1963 at my surprise wedding shower given by his relatives, all the guests signed one. I still have it! But about getting rid of them you might check Internet & see if you can find them on it as some are worth some money, china ones are more valuable but ones with turquoise, light green, yellow or red original painted handles are wanted by collectors as they go well with Fiesta ware & other kitchen items like jar openers, potato mashers slotted spoons, hand choppers etc.They work so much better than new stuff too if you get ones that were taken care of, couldn't do without my "old" stuff. My "Miracle 3 way can opener" by EKCO saved the day when I found my electric can opener wouldn't work & I was short on time the other day opened the can so easy-also will open canned milk with sharp pointed end, but never figured out 3rd function.(It is all metal, no color on it). So check out prices before you sell. Jan

o

I googled 'santa painted rolling pin' and found several on pages 1-2. One by our 'own' paintingfool on the tole painting forum-but the photo is no longer there.

I have some special rolling pins too--that were hand made by my father-in-law. The handles don't turn but they work well never-the-less. They are 45-50 years old.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here