Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neversink4

wooden rolling pins

neversink4
12 years ago

I am planning on having a garage sale in a couple of months. I have a number of old wooden rolling pins that I thought I could sell if I could come up with an interesting way to present them. Does anyone know of any inovative ways to use these items or a "simple" craft idea?

Comments (6)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I've been thinking about this since I saw your post the other day. I use mine for piecrust!

But here is a link talking about using them to make rolling stamps and decorative bird houses.

Sections could be wooden wheels for toys. I love the rolling stamp idea. May have to try it.

Good luck and post what you decide.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rolling pin crafts

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Here's a better post about rolling stamps. It seems to me you could glue pre cut foam shapes to the pins too, instead of or in addition to the hand cut ones. That would be a very fun project with kids to make gift paper and book marks or what ever.
    Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Rolling pin stamps

• Rusty
    12 years ago

You say "old" rolling pins.
    How old?
    There are people that collect them.
    When you advertise your sale,
    You might mention them,
    Say something like "Several collectable wood rolling pins".

Rusty

• Barbnvabeach
    12 years ago

Just a thought, you could sand until one side is flat, to where it would stand up by itself, then use a drill w/a bit that will drill a hole and use it for a candle holder.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I have a wooden rolling pin that I think is very special! In 1963 at my surprise wedding shower given by his relatives, all the guests signed one. I still have it! But about getting rid of them you might check Internet & see if you can find them on it as some are worth some money, china ones are more valuable but ones with turquoise, light green, yellow or red original painted handles are wanted by collectors as they go well with Fiesta ware & other kitchen items like jar openers, potato mashers slotted spoons, hand choppers etc.They work so much better than new stuff too if you get ones that were taken care of, couldn't do without my "old" stuff. My "Miracle 3 way can opener" by EKCO saved the day when I found my electric can opener wouldn't work & I was short on time the other day opened the can so easy-also will open canned milk with sharp pointed end, but never figured out 3rd function.(It is all metal, no color on it). So check out prices before you sell. Jan

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I googled 'santa painted rolling pin' and found several on pages 1-2. One by our 'own' paintingfool on the tole painting forum-but the photo is no longer there.

I have some special rolling pins too--that were hand made by my father-in-law. The handles don't turn but they work well never-the-less. They are 45-50 years old.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH