Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diaper Babies to make

Posted by stubbychester (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 9, 07 at 11:23

Years ago I attended a baby shower and someone made a baby from diapers. I know the rage now is diaper cakes, but I would like to make a diaper baby. Does anyone know how I would do this??? Ive looked and just cant seem to find any directions. Thanks..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diaper Babies to make

I just spent an looking for the directions with no results, but I did find a couple of pictures. Perhaps you can use them as the pattern. There is a baby in a baby outfit, but honestly, I prefer the bear - much cuter. e-mail me at grandmabonnienospam@charter.net - remove the no spam in my addy and I can send you the pictures...

o
pics posted

I posted the pictures in the gallery for you to see...

o

I know of a baby made from receiving blankets but not diapers. I have instructions for several version of Diaper critters but not the baby.
Sorry, I'm not much more help.

ginger

o

Here are some instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diaper Baby

o

My best friends Mother used to make some...hers were made with the long cloth diapers...

She rolled them into a body shape , arm shape, leg shape and stuffed one into a ball shape...She may have used diaper or paper toweling for the stuffing...

Then she cut a baby face out of a magazine that would be life size for a baby taped it on...

Oh and she hand stitched it together with large stitches so it would be easy to get apart.

She then bought clothes for the baby , usually jammies with feet and hands so none of the diaper showed.And a bonnet or hat of some kind to cover head.

I took one to work one day and everyone thought it was real at first. It looked so real...all wrapped up in a receiving blanket.

I don't know what kind of diapers you wanted to use...if you are planning to use disposable you could roll them and hook them together with rubberbands.

patti

o

the rolled way is what I do too, I have used blankets, towels, burp cloths, etc. anything rectangle

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/craftsO/crafts28.html

Here is a link that might be useful: receiving blnket baby

o

Does anyone else have any pictures of these "Diaper Babies", they are so cute.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here