Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find cheap (vintage) jewelry for crafts?

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 11:01

Hi all

I'd love to make more crafts with jewelry, ideally but not neccessarily vintage. But I'm not finding any of it to be cheap at the usual areas of garage sales, thrift shops, ect.

Does anyone know of a good place to find cheap jewelry to use for crafts? I'm pretty flexible - modern or vintage, newly made or made long ago, ect. I'd just like it to be cheap and good to use for crafts. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find cheap (vintage) jewelry for crafts?

Hard to come by as most people realize the new stuff is poor quality. I used to get stuff at yard sales but it is almost never available any more. Even some Avon is cheap stuff. They always had such nice costume jewelry & friend gave me some for Christmas but it is not what it used to be. Just have to keep watching yard sales & hope you get there early & get lucky.

o

Do you have Craigslist or Pennysaver? You can advertise for free and try to scare some up.

I have found a lot at church bazaars. The older ladies usually have some they don't wear anymore.

o

And Freecycle. I just saw a listing here to give away old costume jewelry. You can run a "wanted" listing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here