Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CD Ornie

Posted by shysue (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 11, 10 at 10:42

I made these for Christmas gifts this year. I spray painted the CD, then decoupaged scrapbooking paper and an image onto it. Embellishments were added and a ribbon to hang it.

CD Ornie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CD Ornie

Very nice, makes a pretty ornament and I love the image and the dangling bells. Did you do both sides? Was it easy to drill the holes for the bells? We've got a bunch of old cds around here, but I've never crafted anything with them. Luvs

o

Thank you Luvs. I just spray painted the back of the CD. I didn't drill the holes. I used my Crop-a-Dile. It made it so easy to do. Someone suggested to me that family pictures on them would be a nice gift.

o

That is soooo cute!! I LOVE it!

o

I just love your ornie! will have to give it a try, dont know why I waited till after Christmas to get in the mood for crafting, so many projects I want to try now.
Thanks for shareing!
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

Love your ornie. What's a crop a dial??

o

Leveta, a Crop-a-Dile is a crafting tool that sets eyelets and snaps easily, and makes holes in objects so you don't have to use a drill. Most craft stores carry them. It is a really handy tool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Joann's Crafts

o

So many choices! Which one do you have and do you use it allot? Wonder if Michael's carries them too--I have a couple gift certificates. ;o) I like the idea of using family photos too. I've got to remember to try making some of these. Oddie, I know what you mean about being in the mood for Christmas crafts even though it's over. We can just get an early start for next year, right? ;o) Luvs

o

the crop-a-dile would be a nice tool to own, I have a eyelet punch, use it alot on paper crafts, finishes the holes nice.
if you are wanting to make a hole in a cd you can use a nail, just heat the tip frist and hit with a hammer,or use a small drill bit.
oh luvs I have the ideas rolling in my head of cool projects to try, just not much of getting any done, will take me till next Christmas LOL! to make anything.
oddie

o

I have been looking at the crop-a-dile, and wondering if I would use it enough to buy it. You may have just made up my mind.
That's a nice looking CD!

o

Hi,
I think your ornament is adorable.
I think I will try a few of these and see how they turn out.
Thanks

o

hi shy, you did a great job! really adorable. congrats!

Here is a link that might be useful: Download FREE Craft Books And Projects

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here