Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

My Painted Watering Can

craftylady-2006
16 years ago

Just for fun, I painted this watering can. I've had it for over a year now and have been meaning to paint it ever since I got it. I am going to use it as a hanging planter from a Shepard's hook this Spring/Summer. I like how it came out but do think the berries should be more rounder.

Sal

{{gwi:129729}}

{{gwi:129730}}

Comments (15)

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

Oh my that's just beautiful!! Love this piece!!

After Christmas I'm so ready for Spring..but always dread the heat of summer.

ginger

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Sal, what a wonderful watering can! And your painting on it just made it fantastic. The berries look just great, yummy enough to eat! ;o) Great job!

Luvs

• pegtn
    16 years ago

You did a great job painting the watering can. I wouldn't change a thing. That is a cute size for a watering can, and using it for a planter is perfect!

• maddya
    16 years ago

craftylady,
    Oh so very beautiful. Is that what they call one stroke painting?
    I love it.
    Maddya

• lynnencfan
    16 years ago

Craftlady - that is just the cutest wateringcan and will look cute with flowers tumbling out of it this summer.....

Lynne

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the nice comments. Yes Maddya, that is One Stroke Painting. I should say, the leaves do not look so bright green as they do in the pic. That's just the flash from the camera.

Sal

• oddie
    16 years ago

OMG just beautiful sal! and so are the berries! dont know much about one stroke painting, do you use regular craft paints, or a special type of paints?
    does make you think spring! thanks for shareing your beautiful project!
    oddie

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Sal, I love your watering can. I think your berries are perfect. They're the same shape as the blackberries I pick. And that is such a cute shape. I hope you post another pic when you have it planted. That's a great idea.

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oddie, I probably use the same decorative paints you use, Folk Art.

I'm glad you said that Sandi because they are supposed to be blackberries, only their not so dark blue as they should be. Since the color of the can was a blackish/slate color, I tried to show more of the blue so they'd show up better.

Thank you again for all the nice comments.

Sal

• snolady
    16 years ago

Very pretty! Is one stroke easy to learn? You did great job.

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

I'm new here and your watering can is so pretty. Nice Job. You are a talented lady and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you. I tole painted years ago and want to start again. You might be my inspiration! I have to learn how to post pictures and maybe I can share some of my projects with all of you. What I've read and seen so far makes me happy I found this sight.

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

Sal, Awesome!!! You do such wonderful work. Keep those pics coming.

phonegirl, Welcome !!! Looking forward to seeing your work.

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Sal...great job on your watering can!

Phonegirl...come join us over on the Decorative & Tole painting forum too!!

~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Phonelady and Snowgirl. One Stoke Painting is like any other kind of painting I guess. It takes practice and patience in yourself most of all I think. Yes, listen to Anjabee and check out the painting forum she posted. You will find many more, and much better, painters than me. I'm just an amateur compared to some of the talent on that forum.

You can find some beginner and more advanced One Stroke painting videos on either "onestrokepainting.com" or "donnadewberry.com" - she's the gal who started this type of decorative painting.

Sal

ps - Thank you also to Cheri and Anj!!!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Phonegirl, here's a link to a utube video of Donna Dewberry that you might enjoy watching. Michael's and Joanne's both carry her books and videos. The nice thing about the videos is that you can rewind and watch certain parts again and again until you "get it". I'm a very visual person, so I love the videos, but enjoy the books as well. Hope you get back into painting. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: D.Dewberry

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath