Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your favorite valentine's day craft????

Posted by iowajewel (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 9, 09 at 10:10

Just hoping to find some new, cute ideas to make now for the holiday!
Please share any that you have.
Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your favorite valentine's day craft????

I have the Valentine's fortune cookies and chocolate pretzels on my blog. I'm going to try heart fudge and a pillow. I will have them up this coming week. Oh, I also am going to make a heart with an arrow where the tip is a Hershey kiss.

Here is a link that might be useful: REd Mommy Crafts

o

How about making some Valentine Paperclips?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Or a Valentine holder for a nail file:
Photobucket

Valentine Peppermint Patties
Photobucket

Little lidded 2 inch by 2 inch treat boxes
Photobucket

o

I plan on a few cute little things for Valentine's Day. I made some Victorian-type whimsy pieces out of old book pages already.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

You can take a couple of Hershey's kisses & make a long stemed rose from them. Get the red wrapped ones & if I remember right you put the bottoms of 2 together & wrap it with plastic wrap & you attach it to a flower stem with floral tape & add a couple of silk rose leaves, makes a very pretty long stemed rose. I've got 1 in craft room I might be able to find. So great for nursing homes, club members,church ladies, Mother & grandmas & neighbor lady. When they finish looking at it & Valentine's day is over they get to eat it!!!!You can put a rose in a vase from TS if you want to get fancy. VEry inexpensive to make!!! Jan

o

Neat ideas here! Thanks all for sharing!

sunnyca...I make those chocoate kiss roses too and you are right! they are easy and inexpensive.
I make arrangements out of them too and candy bouquets---here are a few pics of what I make and sell for Valentines day:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Lovely qtiemom ! Never thought of wrapping them in colored plastic wrap. Looks so nice!! The middle 1 is for someone with a real sweet tooth. Thanks for the pics! Jan

o

What a beautiful idea Qtiemom! They do look like rosebuds!
Amber, I plan on having grandson make the fortune cookies for his class :D Linda, the paperclips look like a sweet gift for teacher!

o

I love Swedish hearts - even though they are a Christmas craft. They are perfect for Valentine Day also.

Photobucket

The site below has wonderful patterns and instructions. She has patterns for more complex ones after you master the basic pattern.

There are so many pretty scrapbook papers out now. I don't like using construction paper, as it tears so easily.

I have made fabric ones by fusing wonder under onto the wrong side of the fabric, and leaving the paper on it since I am not fusing the other side to anything.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swedish Hearts Patterns and instructions.

o

Wow, thanks for sharing the Swedish hearts site Iowagirl. Those are really pretty.

Linda - may I ask, do you die cut your own papers, cardstock? I was looking for someone to make some scalloped circles for me.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here