Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

My heart button pin

oddie
16 years ago

So simple to make, would look nice on a jacket or a scraf, size is 3 by 2 inches, sorry about the photos hands are kinda shakey today.

{{gwi:1473941}}

oddie

Comments (24)

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Heres a better photo.

• trudymom
    16 years ago

Really pretty, oddie. Can you share your instructions, please? I have lots of old buttons.

Thank you!

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

Really elegant looking !

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Looks really pretty Oddie. I too have lots of buttons. Keep thinking I might use them on a frame or "something"--this is a very cute something to use them for. Luvs

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

Oh it's very pretty!!!

ginger

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! glad you all liked my project.
    Trudymom, very simple, I cut a heart shape from a sheet of that stick back laminateing pouch, kept the sticky side up and aranged the buttons for the frist layer, then glued the second layer with E6000, decorated with a large button, a bead cap and bead, back has a lace heart cover and pin.
    could also use a heavey plastic, and glue each layer, I had the pouch thing and it helps the buttons from moveing when arangeing them.
    oddie

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

Another great project :) I have lots of buttons,too!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! waiting for photos!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• trudymom
    16 years ago

oddie, thank you for the instructions. What do you mean by laminating pouch?

Thanks!

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

I've asked you before to STOP IT!!!

You really know how to put me to shame.

Great job!!

• janied
    16 years ago

Oddie, your heart pin is so beautiful. Could you explain alittle more in depth how you made it? I would love to make one for my mil & my mother for valentines day. tfs, janie

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! will try and explane a little better, the pouch thing Iam talking about is like a laminating sheets you buy to use with the machine, but the old kind that doesnt need the heat to set it, one side was clear and the other has some type of glue on it, you could seal your SSC in it, not sure if they are even made anymore, Just use a heavy plastic cut out a heart shape and arange the buttons around the heart shape, fill in with smaller buttons or how ever they will work, I just kept layering the buttons, in a heart shape till I liked the look, I did three layers ,glued them with e6000 added a lg button thought it needed a little color, so glued a red bead in a bead cap and glued it on, the back I cut a heart shape from lace and glued it on and added a pin, sorry I am not good giveing instructions, wish there was a site I could tell you to go to, you could cover a peice of cardboard with lace to use as your backing, just give it some thought, play with your buttons till you get a look you like, if I can help just ask.
    sorry minnie! just shareing!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• trudymom
    16 years ago

Great instructions, oddie!! Thanks!!

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

What a cute button pin Oddie - you go girl!!!

Sal

• maddya
    16 years ago

I just told DH, that I have found the best thing in the world.....this place. Now I have to gather all my buttons and make one of those....
    I just finished a year of Chemo for Breast Cancer and will require more surgery. But all is well thanks to all of these wonderful crafts and you wonderful ladies, helping me feel so very good everyday.
    I have indeed made a couple of things, but just am afraid of using the photo thing to show you what I've made, even though someone offered to do it for me. But I am definitely going to do the heart button pin, and wear it, thinking of you ladies.
    But a special thank you to all of you. Sincerely Thx.
    Maddya

• gram_NH
    16 years ago

Oddie, as usual, your project is beautiful. I was going to ask if you thought a heavy cardboard heart would work as a base. Think I will cover it in white felt first.

Maddya, Sorry to hear of your cancer fight, but your positive attitude will go a long way. And, trust me, I know, the people on these forums will keep your heart happy, your mind full, and your hands very busy!!! Best wishes!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Maddya, I am so sorry you are having to go through all of the chemo and surgery. What a great attitude you have under such trying circumstances.

I'm so glad you found this forum too, and I hope you will enjoy seeing everyone's great projects and maybe even some more you will want to try.

Please come join in on the Holidays and Painting forums too, lots of fun conversation and good ideas there too. We'll all do our best to keep your mind and hands occupied with "fun" stuff while you recover. ;o)

Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for your nice compliments!
    you can use what ever works for you as a backing, I just liked the see throu look since the buttons were see throu, and thought they would look nice together.
    maddya,so sorry for all you are going throu, sounds like you have a positive attitude and that sure helps!glad you found your way to the fourm, you will find alot of helpfull people here, who dont mind shareing there projects, or info on how to, please dont be afaird to try posting your photos its easy, and we love seeing photos!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• maddya
    16 years ago

Thank you so much for all your kind words and thoughts. It means very much to me. I was out for a bit today, trying to find some kind of cheap table to set up in the spare room to "craft" on. Crafting on my dining room table is not cutting it. I didn't get anything but will and then let the crafting begin!!! I check here everyday as if I am checking my email!!
    Thanks.
    Maddya

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

I have a pin like that my oldest daughter made me in Sunday school when she was a little girl (now 26). The backing for hers was just cardboard and it has held up very well - I still wear it and get compliments.

• surfergal
    16 years ago

Your pin is beautiful. You did such a neat and tidy job too with that sticky gicky e6000. I am sure I would have glue all over.

If anyone has any tips for using e6000, I would appreciate it. I try to keep a small amount on a plastic cap to work with with toothpicks which can get verytime consuming and I still get glue all over. I do wish they would sell smaller pkgs of that glue. I can only find the giant size tube by me. I try hard to keep the mouth and cap of the glue tube clean and use a dab of vaseline, but still always seems like the next time I go to use it, the cap is stuck on again. sigh...

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! my tube of E6000 is a mess, probley waste more then I use, but yet it works so good, dont have any tips myself, like you I use a tooth pick to apply to small iteams, maybe someone can help, sounds like you are doing all you can.
    oddie

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

took awhile but found the photo that ispired me! dont know who to give credit to as I just saved the photo!
    oddie

{{gwi:1473943}}

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Oddie, I thought I had posted a reply to this post before, but since it's not here I guess I didn't. I love your button heart pin and I've saved your pic as MY inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us.

Maddya, I am so sorry to hear of all you are going through. Like Luvs said, you certainly have a great attitude through all of it. I hope you find your table soon so you can get to crafting and share your pretties with us.

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities