Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

very pretty blub wreath

oddie
14 years ago

just incase you might have missed this simple to make but very pretty type of bulb wreath, Iam working on one done in red and white bulbs, was thinking why use just for Christmas, and didnt get around to trying it so I made one for valentines, still need to find a ribbon to finish mine.

Hope you all had a wonderfull Christmas and a happy New Year!

oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: Bulb Wreath

Comments (12)

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

That's really cute. Target had Christmas stuff 90% off yesterday. There were tons of bulbs in a good variety of colors.

Pier One had a wreath similar to this. It was originally $60 and is now half off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peir One Wreath

• kacram
    14 years ago

I made one at the beginning of December. I used a coat hanger. Its not as easy as it sounds, I found that I needed to use some wire to attach the bulbs at different lengths... maybe because I wanted mine flat on the back. I ot glued smaller bulbs to fill in places and actually ended up; putting foam core on the back. I love your red and white/silver one! gorgeous! the ones on the site are beautiful too I just wish I had been able to find more green, red and gold ones.. so I didn't have to use the blue! but I still like it
    {{gwi:1473894}}

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

such a beautiful wreath. and his looks like it will work for spring and Easter quite well!
    I have some tiny bulbs, in shades of red, and white, I might try this for Valentine's Day like Oddie :D

kudzu

• oddie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Very Beautifull! would not change a thing, love the colors all together, I know that had to be very hard getting the colors right and in the right spot,had thought about useing some kind of backing so the back would be flat and fit my door better,did you attach the back after you finished stringing the bulbs? would you mind telling a little more how you made yours,would like to try one for Christmas and the blog didnt explane much.
    adellabedella thanks for the eye candy, so pretty, I pick up bulbs at yard sales throu the year,you can find some real nice bulbs cheap.
    kudzu cant wait to see your wreath, I just know it will be beautifull! love all your projects you share with us, now that GS is in school and the rest are off to work I would like to get back into crafting and try some of your projects.
    oddie

• jenfur427
    14 years ago

This is one I made this year. I bought $20 worth of clearance ornaments at Big Lots, and spent $4 on a foam wreath at Hobby Lobby.

• oddie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OMG! how beautifull are the bulbs glued to the wreath form, tell me some more would love to hear how yours was made in more detail
    thanks
    oddie{{gwi:1473782}}

• jenfur427
    14 years ago

Thank you! I just bought a foam wreath from Hobby Lobby, it was only $4 or $5, and I think it was 17 inches? I just started around the outside and glued on the larger bulbs, and worked my way in. When I was done, I decided I wanted it to be larger, so I glued another layer of bulbs around the outside. Then I filled in with the smaller bulbs.

If I was to change anything, I would spray the foam to a matching color, either the blue or silver. In the picture you can't see the white of the foam, but in person, I can see it peek out here and there.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Beautiful wreaths. How do you store them to prevent breakage? Luvs

• jenfur427
    14 years ago

On mine, I made sure to get plastic unbreakable ornaments. And to pack it up for next year, I just found a box that it fit into, and stuffed a bunch of plastic shopping bags around it to keep it from around too much.

• barb_from_pa
    14 years ago

I bought a couple boxes of red ornaments today (plastic - not glass-because of preschool) and thought I would make a heart-shaped wreath or two for Valentine's Day. Thirty ornaments for 40 cents. I also found a variety of ribbon for 10 - 30 cents each to use for trim on Valentine cards and for the bows on the heart wreaths. It's so fun to get a bargain.

• oddie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I used glass bulbs, but have a nice box with plenty of foam peanuts for storeing, top of the closet or under the bed is where I keep things that might get broken in my house.
    Jenfur427 thanks for the info on how you made that beautifull wreath, I made a couple that was glued to foam base, not sure I still have photos of it,done eather why they are beautifull!
    barb_from_pa please show use your wreath when done, bet it will be beautifull!
    TFS
    oddie

• oddie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Heres one I made useing the foam backing and glueing on the bulbs, kinda altered art as I added some custom jewerly, and a small angel that the back part was broken.
    oddie

Sponsored