Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The 'Deluxe E-Z Bowmaker'??

Posted by chery2 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 27, 06 at 9:06

...as seen on TV...OVER 3 MILLION SOLD!! As EZ as 1-2-3" blah, blah, blah. . .
OK, I'm a sucker. I saw a demo on the Carol DuVall show and had to have one to make hairbows for my almost-3 granddaughter. So I had a 40% off coupon at JoAnn's and used it to get the bowmaker for $6 instead of $10.

Maybe I'm brain-challenged, but I don't find the thing user- friendly AT ALL. "Lay a wire b/t the dowels" Um. . . and just leave it lying there? Not attached to anything??
And what is a "half-twist"???

The demo made it look lots easier -- and she just used a little piece of cardboard, not a 16" board w/ dowels attached [after you hammer them in, that is].

Whew! I'm going to give it another go, but bowmaker kit makers and EasyShare digital camera makers ought to have more consideration for us feeble minded.

chery2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The 'Deluxe E-Z Bowmaker'??

I found this ---
http://www.ezbowz.com/PDF/ez_bow_maker_instruction.pdf
HTH

o

I'm with you on this one. I tried using the E-Z Bowmaker to make pew bows for church and after ruining a whole spool of ribbon I gave up. I'm putting it in my next yard sale!!!!

o

I love mine, but I also use wired ribbon so they can be fluffed up if it gets mushed... I also use at least twice the amount of ribbon called for. I made a bunch of the glass blocks (the small one were all I could find here 6" x 6")for a Christmas craft show and sold all I had - three other venders had the blocks, but their bows were chincy.... They only sold some when all mine were gone... It does take practice, but it is well worth it!

o

I agree with Grandma Bonnie--practice first and in the end it's so worth the effort.
Bonnie, do you have a picture of your blocks and bows?

o

I just put a picture up in the gallery of the only block I had left after Christmas - I inserted 25 clear lights in it so it can be used as an accent. I call it my Martha Stewart block... I still have it as I plan on giving it to my SIL

o

That is a nice bow. I think I got one of those bowmakers for Christmas, but haven't tried it yet. I rarely use bows.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grandma Bonnie's Bow

o

I LOVE my bow maker. You are right it does take some practice and use lots of ribbon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here