Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Faux stained glass

oddie
16 years ago

posted photos on the painting fourm but wanted to share here also, has a bit of crafting!

couldnt figure out how to post a link to the painting fourm so just posted photos here also.

oddie

Comments (12)

• enjoyingspring
    16 years ago

Very nice, would you share your pattern with us.

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you photobucket wont let me load the pattern photo right now, funny it just worked for the bunny, will try latter.
    oddie

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hopefully here is the pattern I used, printer wasnt printing color right, but use what ever color you like, I found this photo just by doing a search for stained glass, wasnt a free pattern, you can use any photo or picture, took it to my photo program and enlarged it to the size I wanted, used 9 pages to print it.
    more info on the painting fourm if you would like to read more about it.
    oddie

{{gwi:1473849}}

• maddya
    16 years ago

This glass is super cute......just painted glass???....with what kind of paint.....and I love, love the bunny....he looks so country and I am back into that big time.
    Oddie, you have a unique eye and ability to come up with things.
    Just a question, do you have a special work area with all of your things you may need/ craft supplies out around your space.....
    I don't have a place, so anytime I get it in my head to do something, or I see something "Oddie" has posted......I have to gather up the supplies, if I have all of them, as I haven't been in this long enough to have built up a good craft pantry.....and then when I am done....clear it all off the dining room table. I hope that is not too personal a question......oh too, any ideas what I could do so that crafting would be easier.....I do have a spare room, full of DH stuff.....oh I just had a wonderful idea for YOU Oddie.....you could make up a list of what the basics, a beginning crafter should have in a craft pantry, just as there is always a list of "staples" one should have in your kitchen for cooking/baking. Sorry if I have asked too much of you!:-) I bet many would find it useful.
    Maddya

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

Is that gallery glass ?

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! its the white glue and food coloring way of doing faux stained glass, I posted how I made the window on the painting fourm if you would like to read that post, woould save me typeing it all agine, would be happy to help of course if you have questions.
    gosh maddya, not sure I would know what to tell you to have on hand for crafting, most of my supplies were brought at the flea market, or yard sales, makes trying new things cheaper! ofcourse I do buy supplies but mostly when I have a project that just has to have a certin iteam I dont have,or cant make! maybe you could start a post asking what most feel would be the most used iteams, bet you would get alot of post.
    I do have a craft room , but craft all over the house, no space is big enough, and my craft room is a mess! LOL!
    oddie

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

Oddie - you are a creative genius . You could replace Carol Duvall !!!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh my! you give me to much credit! Iam just a simple crafter!
    was wondering what you thought of the faux stained glass, since you do so many beautiful glass projects! I know it cant compare, but has a look of its own.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

Gorgeous, of course!! Great job!!

ginger

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you ginger! always love hearing from you.
    oddie

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Wow Oddie, that's awesome. I'm really impressed with this piece. White glue and food coloring you say, I'm curious about this technique and going to check on the painting forum for your post. I've never heard of it.

Sal

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you sal! gosh thought everyone knew of this, I like the craft paint and extender technique better, as I taked about on the painting fourm,I think the tissue paper looks like rice paper in a way.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie