Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frosted window

Posted by anita55 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 3, 09 at 7:19

Good morning, and Happy New Year to all. I have an oval window next to my front door that is clear glass and gives a view into my house. I would like to paint it somehow to make it look like frosted glass, maybe with a simple central design. Do you have any ideas how I can do this? I've looked at stencils online but I haven't seen any that are quite this shape. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frosted window

Anita, I have heard that you can use a frosted type of contact paper to make your windows look frosted.. never have tried it but you could do some research on it.. just google contact paper and maybe you will find something.
Huggy

o

How about Gallery Glass. I did some windows with it. It is quite pretty and lasts a long time, but is not permanent.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery Glass

o

Find a nice stencil, and use frosted glass paint around it. Rustoleum makes a frosted glass spray paint.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to rustoleum

o

thank you for the ideas. I think i'm going to try the rustoleum with a stencil - it sounds easy and since I'm not too handy or crafty maybe I can make it work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here