Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowflake bottle cap pins

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 07 at 12:23

Couldnt get this photo with the side show I posted, but wanted to share it, wasnt my idea,but a very clever crafter on another fourm.
Iam sure the dollar store still carries some cute snowflakes to use, I cut graphic from old christmas cards to use in bottle caps and also as the pin card, you can use those clear round button shape things over the graphic or not, also liquid laminating works good just keep coats thin or it will crack, a little diamond dust or glitter in places looks cute also, just thought I would share the idea.
oddie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowflake bottle cap pins

Those look hard to me oddie, but very cute. Luvs

o

No luvs not hard at all, my grandkids made them for there teachers last year, I did help with the glueing, and have a 1 inch hole punch that helps alot!
oddie

o

Hi Oddie,

A couple questions...

Does the card have a hole in it now from where the circle was used for the bottle cap or did you have two cards?

What would you use the snowflakes for? or is that what's behind the bottle cap? Or what is behind the bottlecap?

And is the lip of the bottlecap facing forward or backward? I'm guessing forward because of the pin.

Thanks for the post! Love your other pictures too! Some crafters have it, some don't, and you definitely do

Thx, Sheri

o

Sorry sheri, I just seen your post, the snowflake is attached to the back of the bottle cap, just a added touch to make them look pretty, the pin is then attached to the back of the snowflake, the bottle cap is faceing forward, if I use a photo from a card I just cut a exta peice from that card to use for the backing, not nessesery but looks nicer if giveing as a gift or selling, I use my small hole punch and punch two holes in the backing part so the pin kinda fits in the holes , hope that makes since, if I can be of any help just ask.
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here