Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gazing ball

Posted by patricia2491 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 8:21

I'm looking for directions for making a gazing ball using a bowling as a base. I found a bowling ball in a house I just bought and would like to put a gazing ball in a wildflower garden I've started.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gazing ball

Hi Patricia, I don't think this side is very busy, so your question probably has not been seen.

There are lots of bowling balls on the Garden Junk forum. I'll post a link for you. You can just type bowling balls in the search window and it should bring up lots of pics for you to see for inspiration. There are painted ones, mosaic ones and the ones with half marbles.

I've made a couple. Just used half marbles on one and some small rocks on another one. GE Silicone II for windows and doors is the preferred glue. You can find it at Walmart or Lowes. It holds up well to weather changes such as heat and cold.

Good luck with your project and your new home. You might enjoying looking around on the GJ forum if you are interested in making things for your yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here