Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medicinal Cooker? What are the benefits?

Posted by bellowbelle (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 25, 04 at 23:43

Is it that it retains the moisture and nutrients, and has a pouring spout? I've never seen one of these gadgets before, and I don't know what makes it special.

Does anyone use one?
(See link.)

(Sorry if this post is a duplicate -- I tried to post before but I either did it wrong or...something.)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.eatgourmet.com/sunpen-ss-0320.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medicinal Cooker? What are the benefits?

Looks to me like some sort of an herb tea brewer....
Linda C

o

The Asian manufacturers tend to use descriptive words that don't mean much in English, or are the victims of bad translations. They also make the "Sunpentown Long Magic SB-610L Clean BIDET without Dryer", leaving me wondering what is long or magical about a bidet.

It's a brewing pot for tea, regular or herbal. Nice if you want to make nearly a gallon of tea at a time, but it's just a teapot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunpentown Long Magic SB-610L Clean BIDET without Dryer

o

In Chinese medicine a non-reactive pot is necessary to preserve the qualities of the herbs. A clay pot is traditional, but stainless steel is considered OK by some practitioners. The herbs need to be simmered for long periods and it can be tedious to tend them, especially when you do it three times a day, thus the electric version.

It's worth it for some things, though. I was cured of bronchitis in one day with Chinese herbs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here