Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Traditional (not Belgian) square waffle iron?

Posted by cjgw (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 15, 13 at 23:43

OK, I've seen some posts here about this subject already but I figured I'd ask again...

Can anyone recommend any good new electric waffle irons that make square traditional (not Belgian) waffles? I've done some searching and it seems 99% of waffle irons sold now are for Belgian waffles! How can this be? And by Belgian waffles, I mean the kind with the deep square pockets. I want to make waffles with shallow pockets. I'd also like them to be square, not round.

So far, the only ones I've found are the two Black & Decker models G48TD & G49TD. I'm looking for something professional grade, if possible, and preferably non-stick so I don't have to use spray or oil.

I currently have an old General Electric A2G48T from the 80s that's on its last legs. Do I really have to go vintage for this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Traditional (not Belgian) square waffle iron?

I believe Cuisinart brand sells a traditional square waffle maker, non-stick with 4 sections. Not sure what you mean by professional grade, Cuisinart is for home use only as are the majority of waffle makers sold in a retail store. NancyLouise

o

Hi, Nancy. Thanks for the reply. Maybe professional isn't the right term for what I'm looking for. I just want a more upscale higher-quality version of something like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-G48TD-Grill-Waffle/dp/B000063XH7/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1387395736&sr=1-2

I can't find the Cuisinart you're referring to. All I could find was this discontinued model: http://www.cuisinart.com/discontinued/waffle_makers/waf-6.html

It seems square traditional waffle makers are difficult to come by these days.

o

Oh, Nancy Louise, I am with you! I don't want round. I don't want thick., I want to be able to remove the grids. I want to make 4 at a time. This shouldn't be so hard. Cuisinart seems to make only the Belgian type now.

o

Sorry , I forgot about this post. Breville makes a regular square waffle maker if you are still looking. They are very good quality but the cost is a bit expensive. NancyLouise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here