Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your opinions here please on your Le Creusent?

Posted by schnitzel (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 21:45

Is there a brand that is comparable to Le Creusent? I saw a dutch oven at TJ maxx today and just one pot was $149.99 does it really cook a stew or pot roast that well for the investment? How would it compare taste wise over a crock pot?...Thank you for you help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your opinions here please on your Le Creusent?

I have a 4qt Staub from QVC and have been very pleased with it.

Has anyone seen the new 4qt Staub with the rooster knob at QVC?

Here is a link that might be useful: Staub with rooster knob

o

Alas, it is a blue rooster and not the SS one...rofl

o

schnitzel - I have 2 Le Creuster French ovens (3.5 qt and 5.5 qt) They are great. Is Staub, Mario Batelli or whatever as good? Maybe, but I figured these are lifetime pots so I went with what I feel are the best. They do things I couldn't do with the stell pots I have. They cook slow but they also brown. I can cook stovetop or in the oven. I make chicken, lamb, beef, soup, stew, chili even indian corn pudding in them. I have never regretted buying them. If you have TJ Maxx or Tuesday Morning, look there.

I do have a dilema though. We are doing an extended family vacation this spring, sharing a house with 8 folks. I never cook for this many people. I WANT to get a larger (9-13 qt) Le Creuset to take with us but I doubt I would generally use this size once we get back. Day to day, it's just the two of us. Any opinions???

Ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here