Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calphalon Tri-Ply vs. Calphalon Comtemporary Stainless

Posted by mac52 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 18, 06 at 20:56

I'm tring to understand the difference between these 2 sets of cookware made by the same company. Supposedly they both have aluminum sandwiched between 2 plys of stainless steel and are also both all clad. Am I correct? Can someone tell me how these are different?

mac

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calphalon Tri-Ply vs. Calphalon Comtemporary Stainless

From what I've read here, the only difference is the looks.

o

I think the contemporary stainless tends to be more expensive. I have tri-ply and I love it. I think the mirror finish is a classic design. My favorite pan is my "Every Day" pan, a 14" in diameter deep skillet-like pan with two loop handles. It can hold so much food and is easy to work with since it's very wide.

o

I think the Tri-Ply is a little heavier. Other than that it's whatever design you prefer. The Tri-Ply is discontinued so you might find better deals on it now.

o

Does anyone else have any more insight regarding this topic? I am interested in purchasing some SS pieces and was wondering about this exact question. Thanks!

o

Calphalon still has the tri-ply on their website so I don't think it is discontinued.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here