Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks! Perfect roasting pan for induction!!

Posted by shannonaz (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 26, 08 at 20:55

Thanks to this forum I knew exactly what to ask for! I love my All-Clad and Le Creuset but I needed a roasting pan that I could deglaze on my induction cooktop. As many of you know, All-Clad roasting pans don't work on induction. Anyway, I did a search here and asked for the J.A. Henckels roasting pan. I received it as a gift and it is beautiful!! And I just boiled water in it to see how it worked on my induction. It is going to work great. It doesn't look cheap next to my All-Clad, it is really a beautiful pan. I just want to express my gratitude to this forum!!

http://www.amazon.com/Henckels-International-Classic-Adjustable-Non-Stick/dp/B000CS9Y6Q

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks! Perfect roasting pan for induction!!

oops, here is a better link :) I didn't see this when I first posted...hmmm

Here is a link that might be useful: Roasting pan for Induction

o

It's beautiful. How does it work on induction when it's made of stainless and aluminum? I probably wouldn't have even considered it.

I ended up walking around the store with a magnet, looking for cookware that would work on my single induction burner.

o

I don't know HOW it works, but it does. I don't totally understand WHY none of the All-Clad roasting pans (even the WS exclusive ones) don't work. The Henckles one is magnetic and the All-Clad ones aren't...I use my magnet to check stuff too! If I didn't test things with my magnet I would have purchased the All-Clad roasting pan for sure.

o

Most of the stainless pans made for induction (from All-Clad to the inexpensive ones at Ikea) have a few layers in the bottom. They have ferrous stuff stuck in there, to be technical. :)

I tried to get the Henckel's roaster for Tday after the discussions here, but it was backordered. So I got a $10 open Graniteware one because I bought too big a turkey for my old roaster (love the 2-day delivery...). It has a ridged bottom although it did get hot enough on induction for deglazing...but I premade gravy and didn't end up using the pan on the cooktop anyway.

I think perhaps I'll order it now that I'm thinking about it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here