Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tramontina 'select' cookware

Posted by bcoley (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 07 at 20:46

Hi,

Recently we purchased a 13 piece stainless steel cookware from our local Sam's Club. The set is from Tramontina, called its "Select" series.

I went looking for the set online to find any open stock pieces options, but could not find it by name. Instead I found a Tramontina set called "Domus," which, according to the Website on which I found it, is Tramontina's latest design. The "Domus" pieces look exactly like the "Select" pieces from Sam's, but they are MUCH more expensive than the "Select" pieces (a la carte, $740, versus $180 for the "Select" series at Sam's).

Does anyone know about the Tramontina "Select" series? Specifically, I want a pasta insert, which the "Domus" series does not offer, at least on the Website where I found it.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Bill Coley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tramontina 'select' cookware

For what it's worth, I have received a reply from a Tramontina-U.S. customer service rep, who says that the set I bought from Sam's is in fact the Domus line. She also says, sadly, that there are -- and apparently will be -- no other pieces available in that line, meaning I will have to make other arrangements for a pasta insert.

I guess the good news is I got a great deal on the set, since, I surmise, Tramontina was clearing it out via rebranding it to the "Select" series.

Bill Coley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here