Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ratherbgardening_gw

Chefs Resource

Ratherbgardening
18 years ago

Have any of you bought from this online store, or do you have a suggestion for one? Right now I'm planning on getting a Le Creuset pot or 2. Thanks!

Comments (13)

• kbuzbee
    18 years ago

Ratherbgardening - You can find deals occasionally at Amazon but the three best sources I've found are

1. Le Creuset outlet store
    2. Tuesday Morning
    3. TJ Maxx

If you have one of those near you I'd check them first.

Ken

• kbuzbee
    18 years ago

My apologies, I'd forgotten you'd looked at TJs and TM already (Getting old is tough!;) Anyway, the prices at both have Chefs Resource beat. Any chance there's an LC outlet nearby??? I know a couple folks here found sales through Amazon (and got free shipping!!!). I'm not sure how they found out about the sales, maybe someone will chime in.

Ken

• Ratherbgardening
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No apology needed. I have those memory lapses too! Besides, it's hard to keep track of everyone on a forum, especially a newbie like me. I'll have to see if there's an outlet store for them out here. We don't have any close by, so I can't just go on the chance they'd have one. I saw there was another TM in another part of town, so I might check it. Thanks!
    I agree, getting old is tough! :)

• Ratherbgardening
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I did find out we have an outlet store here. Are the prices that much better? It's about a 35-40 mile drive, so it would need to be a good savings for me to go there.
    Thanks!

• kbuzbee
    18 years ago

Typically yes. They have new, discontinued and seconds (at different price levels) I would call them and ask the price of the specific items you are looking at to check availability and pricing. Then you can compare them to CRs prices. It's a great store though. Fun to just browse through. Ours has a pretty large selection. I know what you mean though, this outlet mall is huge and fun to walk through but it's about 1 1/2 hours away. We don't go very often.

Good luck!

Ken

• Ratherbgardening
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well..I ordered one online today. It was a sale and was cheaper than the same pot at the outlet, so I saved myself a trip for now...until I get hooked!

• Ratherbgardening
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well..I ordered one online today. It was a sale and was cheaper than the same pot at the outlet, so I saved myself a trip for now...until I get hooked!

• kbuzbee
    18 years ago

Which one did you choose??

Ken

• Ratherbgardening
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I just got the blue 4.5 oven for now. I was going to get a smaller one to start with, but this was only slightly more than the 3.5. I got it from Caplan Duval, based on reading some former postings about them.

• kbuzbee
    18 years ago

Wow, those are excellant prices. I think you did very well. Let us know what you make first. Enjoy!!!

Ken

• Ratherbgardening
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yep, they are good prices, but I did have to tack on shipping costs.
    I will enjoy it and probably be eager to get another one in the near future. Now I need to weed out my kitchen to make room for more. I have some cast iron sauce pans that I plan to get rid of since I hardly use them, but I'll keep my iron fry pans which I use a lot.
    One thing I plan on making in it is oatmeal with apples and cinnamon, cooked slowly on low heat. Sounds pretty boring, right? As I mentioned on my torilla press thread, I have to avoid 27 foods for a few months for my daughter who reacted to that many foods, plus we have to do a 2-4 day rotation. It makes cooking a challenge when you can't use onion, garlic, tomato, dairy, eggs,wheat, etc. Those are the items I used a lot, especially the first 2 and with the exception of wheat. So I hope to create some tasty meat dises in this and I'll use it for all hot breakfast cereals. I suspect I'll want a bigger oven in the future, but this is a good one to try first. I was originally going to get the 2 or 2.5 qt. originally, so I'm glad I got on that website.I needed some inspiration! I never thought I'd spend this much on pots, though! Should've done it early in our marriage. That good old hindsight.

• kbuzbee
    18 years ago

"One thing I plan on making in it is oatmeal with apples and cinnamon, cooked slowly on low heat. Sounds pretty boring, right? "

No, that sound delicious. I may make that myself. I bet the cinnamon really works it's way into everything and the house is goona smell fantastic!

"As I mentioned on my torilla press thread, I have to avoid 27 foods for a few months for my daughter who reacted to that many foods,"

I read that. I can't even imagine. I'm on the See Food diet. I see food and I eat it! (sorry, old joke!)

"I suspect I'll want a bigger oven in the future, but this is a good one to try first. "

You might but I bet the 4.5 does "most" of what you'll want. I only use the 5 occasionally. The 3.5 gets much more use.

"I never thought I'd spend this much on pots, though! "

I totally agree. But from what you read these will last forever. Makes sense to me from my limited experience.

Enjoy!

Ken

• Ratherbgardening
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"I'm on the See Food diet. I see food and I eat it! (sorry, old joke!)"

I like the sounds of that diet! :)