Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canadian users: any good knife blocks on sale?

Posted by ajmorrow (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 8, 06 at 18:27

Im looking for a set for my parents for christmas, and i have looked at many home stores but havent really seen anything good.

Now, homesense right now has a bunch of henckle professional "s" series knives (2nd grade), individually. Prices are pretty cheap, for comparison, an 8" chef knife was 25 bucks compared to i think around 100 at kitchen stuff plus (which is supposedly 25% off henckle stuff)

would i be best off buying a seperate block and all the knives seperatly?

As well, another store which i cant think of off the top of my head has many knife block sets, several of them forged for good prices

the knives though, upon holding them in my hand are not too nice.

do i have to spend upwards of 200+ for a good set of forged knives?

on a side note, those calphalon japanese katana knives are the nicest piece of kitchenware i have ever seen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canadian users: any good knife blocks on sale?

Doesn't appear so.

o
RE: Canadian users: any good knife blocks on sale?

I just went to Amazon.com and saw lots of empty blocks, as well as filled ones, on sale. Use the search term, "knife block."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here