Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elisamcs

Toaster recommendations?

elisamcs
17 years ago

My new kitchen is almost done, and I'll have double ovens as well as a micro/convection oven. Now I need a toaster - a plain, simple toaster. Does such a thing exist any longer? I already have a toaster oven that I want to store away to save counter space. Does anyone have a favorite?

Comments (4)

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

Sorry - but I'm firmly planted in the toaster oven camp. Don't think I could live without one. Would give up all kinds of counter space to have one.

Have you looked at the good brands, Dualit, Krups, Braun, Kitchen Aid, DeLonghi?

• jdbillp
    17 years ago

About a year ago we wanted a basic 4 slice toaster. I wanted one that had the retro chrome look. We bought a Hamilton Beach and like it just fine. $40, too.

It is also available in a 2 slice version for slightly less.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

• gorilla_x
    17 years ago

After doing a lot of research, I settled on a KitchenAid KMTT400SS 4-slice toaster. Got it on Amazon for $80. Guiding factor for me: user reviews + the "Keep Warm" feature )keeps toast warm in case the toast is finished before the meal is ready).

There are 2-slice models, ans well as a host of colors to choose from. Mine should arrive on the 26th/27th of thos month.

If you buy $125 worth of items that are sold by Amazon.com (not third parties that sell thru Amazon), you get $25 off with their HOHOSAVE coupon. I bought a KA blender too, so I saved $25.

-G

• azzalea
    17 years ago

When it comes to toasters, they're such a simple appliance, that I always go with a relatively inexpensive one--and they always last me 10 years or so (I believe we're on our 3rd toaster in over 33 years of marriage), even though we make a lot of toast.

I'm with you about the toaster oven--they're an appliance that I can live without, but a nice compact, ordinary, pop 'em down and pop-up toaster is a must.

Truthfully, I've had good luck with just buying the simple, cheap, low end ones--not something that seems to really need a lot of bells and whistles, to my way of thinking, but that's just me.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County