Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cookie sheets

Posted by brownthumbia (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 16:26

My Granddaughter just gave me her Christmas list and she would like a 'cookie sheet with no air holes'. Well, now, I am still using 50 year old cookie sheets that I intend to cook on for another 50 years. lol So can someone tell me what she is talking about? Is it a brand or style of cookie sheets.
Also, she asked for a cheese slicer with a wire that does the slicing. Again, mine is probably 50 years also, made by Presto and I sure would like to find her one like it but no luck there either. I can't find a web site that handles all the 'old time' gadgets.
Really appeciate your help in this. Glad she didn't wait any longer to give me her list with these two stumpers!! Thanks in advance BT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cookie sheets

We had some long discussions on the Cooking forum about cooking sheets, and the pans preferred by experienced cooks are the 1/2 sheet size (about 14x17) in standard aluminum, technically a jelly roll pan because it has sides. No dark coating, no non-stick, no nuthin'. Vollrath is a good brand, and they should cost less than $10 each. If you can't find them in your local store, try a restaurant supply store. But ask her if that's what she wants. And if she really likes baking, get her 4 or 5 of them.

o

Thanks so much Sushipup. I went online and found Vollrath cookie sheets, but a far cry from @10.00!! The ones I found were $24.95. Of course if that is what she wants I would get one for her. Would prefer to find the cheaper one and get 2 or 3 for her. Thanks a lot for your help, I suppose Target or Kmart would possibly have something she could use but probably not that brand. Will see. BT

o

Walmart has them (well, not sure of the brand), but these heavy sheets are all pretty much the same. Check out the yellow pages for your closest restaurant supply stores.

o

Well, here's a Vollrath half-sheet pan for $7.28. I have to admit I have bunches of the Vollrath cookie sheets and wouldn't trade them for anything, but the half-sheets will work just fine and are very moderately priced. Vollrath aluminum just can't be beaten for even heating and good cookies.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Vollrath Half-Sheet Pans

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here