Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silicone Bakeware from QVC???

Posted by pinkcarnation (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 8, 07 at 15:43

Has anyone used the Silicone bakeware from QVC? I am wondering how well things bake in it and also how easy/difficult to clean it is. If anyone has used it, I would love to hear your comments! TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silicone Bakeware from QVC???

Did you check to see whether there are any reviews posted on QVC for the item(s) you're interested in?

I haven't used any of their silicone, but I was definitely less than impressed with the stuff I did try a few years ago. Maybe they've improved. But I love my plain old NOT nonstick metal bakeware. I use parchment paper with the cookie sheets.

o
RE: Silicone Bakeware from QVC???

I have some of the really good silicone stuff. It's terrible.

It doesn't allow for crust formation. It sticks WORSE than my regular baking pans (that are NOT non-stick). It's impossible to pick up when full--but the directions insist that you not put it on a cookie sheet. You also can't use a knife on it--well, just how do you remove a stuck muffin then? Oh, and you're not ever supposed to use cooking spray on it (or most other good pans, either, for that matter--it leaves a nasty residue after a number of uses that cannot be removed)

And some people are very sensitive to the taste of silicone--I can taste it in anything that's been baked in it. Other people don't notice that, and don't have a problem with it.

My best advice would be to borrow a piece of silicone bakeware from a friend to try before you buy. More people I know do NOT like it than do, so it shouldn't be too hard to beg a piece to use for a week or so. Bake a few things in it and see what you think. Better to borrow than buy, if you're not happy with the results. And if you do like it, you can always pick up a few pieces later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here