Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Chef's Pan

Posted by rickma (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 15:42

$200 on Amazon.

I like the "chef's" pans because I can make pasta sauce in the pan and the high sides allow me to then dump in the noodles to finish cooking in the sauce. The one I have is OK, but it warps from time to time and I have to beat it back into shape with a piece of 2x4 and a rubber mallet (whump!). Won't last forever. I don't do real wok cooking so that's not a concern, and I don't need non-stick.

Any opinions/alternatives?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Chef's Pan

Saw an ad on cooking dot com today for a 12" All-Clad fry pan (not chef's pan) for $89.99. But since it isn't a chef's pan, may not be what you want.

o

Thanks. The chef's pans have higher sides than the frying pans (hence the high price, presumably).

o

I'm not sure why you can't dump noodles into spagetti sauce in a dutch oven or even a big saute pan but I know what its like to get used to a certain way of doing something that works for you.
This site has what you are looking for for 119.00 (no lid)
w/lid 142.80

Are you sure the bottom is the same size as the one you have?

Is it worth it? Dunno. I have a small All Clad sauce pan and a bunch of LeCreuset. I do really like the feel of my little All Clad. Seems quite sturdy.

http://www.cookwarenmore.com/display.php?cat=54&zid=1&lid=1&cartid=200912206543614

o

There is an All Clad pan exclusive to williams-sonoma called the saute/simmer pan. It is a 4 qt capacity pan which sounds exactly what you are looking for. I have a large assortment of All Clad and Calphalon pans and ever since I bought this one from Williams-Sonoma, I swear it is the only one I use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here