Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cream Whipper

Posted by SKennedy0421 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 10, 04 at 15:22

Does anyone have a cream whipper? I saw some on cooking.com and there were three brands, ISI, Liss, and another one. I also checked e-Bay, and there are Whip It brand on there. This time of year, I am craving hot cocoa, lattes, and other hot drinks, and instant whipped cream would be great. Any input would be appreciated before I shell out $50, I want to make sure I know what I'm getting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cream Whipper

I have an ISI whipper, though it's seldom used it works fine. I would check out local kitchen supply stores etc to see what brands replacement cartridges are easily available. ISI cartridges seem to be in most stores but I'm not sure whether they fit other makes.

o

PK: Thanks for the response. How often does the cartridge need to be replaced? I see there are some places that sell them on line. This will probably be one of those gadgets that I use all the time for the first two weeks I have it, then it will sit around collecting dust! It just seems like such a time saver around the holidays.

o

Consider the quick whip. No cartridges to replace, and it's less expensive too boot.

Note that I do not have one, but have seen them in catalouges for years.

Colin

Here is a link that might be useful: Quick Whip

o

I was just reading another thread where someone mentioned a stick blender - I've been using that for whipping cream for a while and it works great! Quick, easy, less clean up than a big mixer (I confess I usually "wash" it by holding it under the instant boiling water tap for a little while).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here