Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rachael Ray's Two-Burner Grill?

Posted by robk2k (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 30, 06 at 13:47

I would like a good-quality two-burner grill to use occasionally. I really like the results that Rachael gets with the one she uses on her 30-minute show, but I can't figure out what brand it is. Have any of you figured out which grill it is? And I can't tell if it is black-enameled cast iron, or uncoated cast iron.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rachael Ray's Two-Burner Grill?

She often uses one that looks like the Lodge Cast Iron one I have. It's a griddle on one side, and a grill on the other. Great piece to have.

Why don't you take a look at the Lodge website, and see if that's the one you're talking about--then you should be able to pick one up at almost any housewares, department or most discount stores. Most of them carry Lodge in my area.

o

Thanks, azzalea. I have looked at the Lodge grill but wasn't sure if it is the one she uses. Probably close enough. I checked out the description of one on Amazon, and it says it has a slight slant so that grease flows into the channel--does the griddle side have a slant also, and have you ever had problems with pancake batter "running" downhill so to speak? Thanks again.

o

The Lodge website shows two reversible grill/griddles and one of them says it is sloped with a grease channel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lodge Grill/griddle

o

I use mine for pancakes frequently, and have NEVER had a problem with the pancake batter running into the grease channel. I don't think the grill has that much of a slope, really.

Meant to mention, that Lodge is very inexpensive--so you should be able to add one to your kitchen collection without putting too much of a dent into the budget. I love that such great cooking tools are so affordable.

o

Thank you, azzalea and dmlove! I'm going to get the larger one that has the slight slope--good to know if won't affect the pancakes--thanks again!

o

She now uses an orange enameled one on her talk show. Does anyone know where that one came from?

o

Crazy thought but maybe it's a new pan in her line??!! She uses different materials & shapes for her pans, I'd be surprised to see her hawking another line now that she has her own!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachel Ray orange grill pan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here