Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Nu Wave Oven

marie26
19 years ago

Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is supposed to cook quicker.

Comments (13)

• akastj_northern_ca
    19 years ago

Did you check the Appliances Forum?

How about trying a Google.com Search for reviews? Also, did you try ePinions.com?

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: EPinions.com

• marie26
    Original Author
    19 years ago

This product didn't come up under appliances. I considered this product to be cookware and not an appliance. I trust the opinions of people on this web site much more than any other. That is why I posted this here instead of searching the web for reviews.

• jrmom
    17 years ago

My father just bought this oven off of T.V. I was very skeptical that it would work. He gave it to me to figure out how to work. I tried it today with a 14 pound frozen turkey. I put the turkey in frozen and it cooked in 3and 1/4 hours. It was delicious. I could't believe it. It was very brown and juicy. About half way throgh cooking I removed the neck and giblets. I'm going to try other items in it but the turkey was a hit.

• cuffs054
    15 years ago

Any more user comments on this appliance?

• nancylouise5me
    15 years ago

We have had nothing but good feed back from the Nu Waves people have purchased at our store. The people that have one say it does everything it says it does. Very well worth the money. One of my co-workers is thinking about getting one as well now that she has her son and his wife living with her. NancyLouise

• cuffs054
    15 years ago

OK, I had to do it! Got the non-digital one marked way down since it was the display unit. Tried a beef roast first. Cooked it as claimed but it was dry. Tried whole roaster chicken, it was TERRIFIC. Last night tried "county style" pork ribs. I way overloaded it and had to put some under the rack. They also came out really good. Not sure I'd pay retail for one, but it's fun to watch. (God, I need a life)

• goldy
    15 years ago

I have a Nuwave and love itBuTTTTTTTT.I need a recipe for stuff peppers but can't find one,All I need is how much time to let it cook.Any idea ?

• cuffs054
    15 years ago

I've started to play with the temp control on mine. I was doing a prime rib and it was browning too fast. I turned it down to about half and it finished great. I wonder if stuffed peppers might benefit from a lower temp?

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    15 years ago

I almost got suckered in by the infomercial -- but many of the online reviews say the dome is cheap plastic and cracks within a short time of use.

Also, reviews say it does not cook as quickly as they claim.

• cuffs054
    15 years ago

Tried another beef roast, this one was really good. The unit is pretty much all plastic, but so far no issues. I put the whole thing (not power head) in dishwasher and it comes out fine.

• luvbytes
    13 years ago

For those people who got suckered in by the infomercial i got to say.....THANK THE GOOD LORD I DID!!!! I love my new oven like no tomorrow i am sitting right here in my motel room im on vacation and boy did i love cooking in here the other night and eating yummy thick center cut pork chops that cooked in like 10 min. flat lemme tell ya it was so juicy and tender as well as the 3 t-bones and sirloin i cooked last night i just made the worlds best beef jerky in 3 hours and i am sitting here watching my sliced beef cook for our steak subs i am watching them brown as i sit right here on my lap top for those of you who do not have one lemme tell ya........TO BAD SO SAD!!!!!!

• sushipup1
    13 years ago

So you just registered today to tell us that?

• senseidavid
    9 years ago

Anyone have a recipe for Mac and Cheese?