Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fillmann

KitchenAid Attachments Ideas??:

fillmann
17 years ago

I received some Christmas money and thinking about buying some attachments for my stand mixer. I'm thinking about the pasta roller and is there any other attachment that would be an everyday useful tool? Thanks so much....love this forum

Comments (12)

• jdbillp
    17 years ago

Which attachments you may want will depend on what you like to cook and eat.

But, it you don't have one, the 2 piece pouring shield is nice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchenaid stand mixer accessories

• gorilla_x
    17 years ago

Fillmann,

I just picked up the KPRA Pasta Roller set, and made homemade pasta last night. The attachment makes it real easy, so if you get it, you'll love it.

If you do not have a food processor, then take a look at the DVSA (see link). Discontinued, and KA is getting rid of these thru their ebay store. Only 2 remain as of today. Over at the kitchenaid forum, those that have used both the RVA and DVSA prefer the DVSA.

-G

Here is a link that might be useful: DVSA

• fillmann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the info. I purchased the stainless steel roller and two cutters for the KitchenAid. Will use them today. I'll let you know how it turned out. Use to make my pasta with one of those old fashion crank rollers, etc. I have 2 food processors and a kitchen full of toys.
    Thanks again and Happy New Year.
    Nancy

• gorilla_x
    17 years ago

See this post by AlexNJ for helpful hints to using the pasta attachment...

-G

Here is a link that might be useful: KPRA

• gorilla_x
    17 years ago

oh, in case you were not aware, there s a 25% rebate on mixer attachments if purchased before 1/1/2007.

-G

• gardenlad
    17 years ago

I second jdbillp's suggestion.

The collar and pour chute came standard with my Pro 600. To look at it I thought it was just a gimick. Until I used it.

If you don't have one, I would make it high on the list of accessories to obtain.

• fillmann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank for the input. I do have the pouring shield, but it's in the cabinet collecting dust. Guess I should give it another try. I've got my pasta made and it was so simple....the pasta attachment worked great!!!

• imacleanfreak2
    17 years ago

I LOVE the dough hook. But, my husband put it in the dishwasher and now it looks dark and the dark stuff (although harmless), comes off in the dough and on my hands. It was the burnished silver one. Does anyone know how to clean the stuff off?

• marleesmom
    17 years ago

I got the ice cream bowl for a gift. It is amazing. We will never buy ice cream again- well almost never! Strongly recommended.

• bungalowbees
    17 years ago

Loooooove the pasta roller set. That ice cream bowl is next on my wish list.

gorilla_x, thanks for the link. Couldn't believe someone would buy such an expesive attachment and just throw it away at the first challenge! I found there was a learning curve (as always!) but as soon as I learned what a good pasta dough should feel like, the KA cutters made me feel like a kid again, they're such fun to use!

I'd love to know which other attachments are useful and a pleasure to use? Are there any that you've regretted? (and if so, why?)

• bungalowbees
    17 years ago

Cruisin' for attachment info, found the copper bowl linked below.

Nancy, if you still have holiday gift cash burning a hole in your pocket you'll want to check it out! This copper bowl has "grand kitchen toy" written all over it!

I'm more in the market for a smaller bowl, smaller price. But wow, copper bowls for different mixers:

Here is a link that might be useful: copper bowl for KA mixers

• rdix_sympatico_ca
    13 years ago

There is quite an assortment of kitchenaid mixer attachments that are very handy. One of the most popular is the kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchenaid Attachments

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville