Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this stand mixer look used?

Posted by Jen_zh (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 11:43

Finally got time and was so excited to open the KitchenAid Professional 600 stand mixer my hubby got me from Kohl's black Friday sale. But it just doesn't look like new to me. I attached a few photos here - first off, it's already assembled; then, I found the handle sticky, like the oil grease or something; and there are more: some cream batter look-alike thing on the back (didn't dare to taste it), flour like powder in the bowl and on the wire whisk.

Looks so used to me. But I had no prior experience with any stand mixed and don't want to wrong the shipping source if those are indeed from the manufacture for protection (power, motor lubricant etc. maybe?). Can you please give me some advice before I decide to ask for an exchange? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this stand mixer look used?

I don't have any experience with stand mixers, but the fact that there are substances on it that shouldn't be there would lead me to exchange it.

Also, open the box of the replacement and check it over before leaving.

o

I would take it back. Both of my KA mixers were clean as a whistle when we opened them. If it is just lubricant etc., that is poor quality control and should have not been passed on to the consumer. It could also be a return as you think. Retailers are putting back out on the sales floor returns. My niece works at a cooking store. They were told a few years ago that if it still looks good and works, clean it up more and put it back out. Problem is many people by things like mixers and coffee makers just to use during the holiday season. They make all their doughs and baked goods with the mixers, have the nice coffee makers for the parties, then after return them back to the store. I worked in a cooking store. It happened many a time. So it could very well have been used Jen. NancyLouise

o

Thanks a lot to both of you, alex9179 and NancyLouise! I'm heading to the store to exchange it now. Wish me good luck! :)

o
Kitchen aid heavy duty

Hi can someone help I've bought a heavy duty kitchen aid when I put it on highest setting num 10 it trips my electric off , can anyone help thank you

o

Sounds like your wiring isn't to code?

o

(Google the name)

o

That would be my guess also. You don't have enough amps to run the machine. NancyLouise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here