Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kirkland Professional Cookware

Posted by Gaprofitt (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 28, 05 at 11:04

Hi All,

After reading some reviews from Consumer Reports and reviews at www.eopinions.com we opted to purchase the 14 piece professional hard anodized aluminum set from costco. They are rated #1 by consumer reports and only cost $150.00. We are wondering if they are oven safe or not. The only thing in the manual is the following and nothing is listed on the cookware itself.

Our Cookware is designed for use on gas, electric, ceramic and halogen stoves. The non-stick interior can be heated continuously at temperatures up to 500 degrees without damaging the surface. Excessive use of high heat will over time deterirate any non-stick surface. Not recommended for use under broiler.

Thanks,

Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kirkland Professional Cookware

Sorry I can't answer your question - I don't know if it's oven safe - but I wanted to let you know that we purchased this set about three years ago and we LOVE it. We purchased it on a whim prior to our wedding, and took the $300 All-Clad set off our gift registry. Haven't regretted it for a moment. It's a fantastic set.

FYI, we do wash these in the dishwasher and have noticed in our new stainless-interior KitchenAid DW, the black outside finish on our pots and pans is wearing off and turning a matte silver color. Don't know what that's all about, but we don't care because they don't seem to be affected functionally, and the pots & pans are stored in a drawer anyway.

o

It's oven-safe up to 500 degrees. Don't use it under the broiler.

I can't imagine anything you would want to put in the oven at 500 degrees for any amount of time.

o

The only Kirkland cookware rated in the December '05 issue is the Kirkland Signature nonstick set, which was ranked #1 in its category. Where did you see the rating of the set you bought? Thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

o

My husband bought me a set of these pans five years ago to replace everything non stick we had due to my parakeet being killed by the nonstick toxins.. I have really enjoyed the pans, although they are heavy.. But.. I realized fairly recently the bottom has separated on my biggest frying pan, and soon I won't be able to use it. I am going to check and see what the warranty was. I hope it was lifetime. In any event.. I would be cautious about buying them again. BTW.. I have only used these pans on gas ranges.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here