Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl_ok

Club Cookware?

cheryl_ok
16 years ago

I have a few Club pans and I love them. My question is for those of you that have this brand, is the fry pans as good as the pots? No sticking, easy clean etc. I'm tired of buying fry pans that my DH destroys with his metal utencils. Club is spendy and would like input before I buy.

Thanks

Comments (12)

• lyfia
    16 years ago

Where do you find these? DH has some old club that I really love and his favorite pan is not flat and won't work on our new smooth top. I'd like to get him a new one as he was really bummed about it.

• rosieo
    16 years ago

If you're referring to Club aluminum cookware I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole. My grandmother had a beautiful set of it which she used for many many years. My grandfather developed alzheimers. You may want to do some research into the link.
    Additionally, I've read that aluminum by itself has a hard time crossing the blood brain barrier, however if it's combined with fluoride (as in cooking with tap water in an aluminum pot) the resulting aluminum fluoride hops right on over and makes itself at home.

The reason this stuck in my mind when I learned about it is because I enjoy browsing in a restaurant supply store and most restaurant cookware is aluminum because it's cheap and cooks fast. Restaurants use tap water to cook in those big aluminum pots and I had visions of spaghetti noodles boiled in fluoridated tap water and aluminum pots and even worse, acidic tomato sauce made with flouridated water cooked in those aluminum pots....

Here's just one link I found just now by googling "aluminum fluoride": http://www.actionpa.org/fluoride/aluminum.html
    There's a lot more if you're interested.

• cheryl_ok
    Original Author
    16 years ago

lyfia, you can get them on ebay. New and used.

Dan, mine are old, they don't have the non stick coating, just aluminum, however they don't stick either. Hoping the fry pans work the same. If harmful...they can't be as bad as eating teflon! lol (thats what we eat when DH cooks!)

rosieo, thanks for the info. Might check it out closer.

• ephugs_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Hi - I have a 10 piece set of the green (maybe it was called turquoise) CLUB cookware. It's truly Very Vintage and I'd be happy to sell it to you for $100 - is that a fair price? If interested, email www.ephugs@gmail.com.
    BTW, it's heavy but it sure cooks well/elaine

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 piece CLUB cookware

• sushipup1
    12 years ago

Sorry, Elaine, but it's against the rules to sell here, and you can get banned from the site. Try Craig's List.

• cantanzerite_yahoo_cpm
    12 years ago

Where can I buy? My mother loves their products but I can't find them.. any suggestions? Thank you in advance :-)

• danab_z9_la
    12 years ago

Anthony,

If you can't find the Club Aluminum cookware that you are looking for, you and your mother might like the Magnalite brand. Magnalite is made out of "cast" aluminum too. It is not made out of rolled or stamped aluminum....and that makes a BIG difference in overall cooking performance. Accordingly, it will have the exact same cooking qualities that your mother loves about her Club cast aluminum pots and pans. The thickness and quality of the casting is the same for both brands. And it is readily available. My local Walmart carries all of Magnalite's line of cast aluminum pots and pans.

However, you can still find Club Aluminum cookware (sometimes unused) on eBay.

Dan
    Semper Fi-cus

• Karen Weisiger
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My Granny used her Guardian and Club pots to cook with until she passed at 97 and her mind was as sharp as her best knife. She did the newspaper crossword puzzle everyday with glasses and a magnifier! I proudly inherited the two pots and will cook in them for long time to come and will think of her every time I make a "pot of beans",

• Lori Rose
    4 years ago

Does anyone know if you can put a Club dutch oven lid in the oven at a higher temp, such as 450 degrees? Is the handle rated for oven use?

• HU-96550567365
    2 years ago

I have a larlarge skillskillet bubut ththe handlhandle is missmissing, any idea wwhere I can get a replreplacement?

• yenbad
    2 years ago

That's a bunch of bologna about aluminum pans causing alzheimers. Google it and you will see that that was disproven a long time ago by the medical community. My Mother's favorite frying chicken pan was a Club Aluminum and she made fried chicken weekly. She lived to be 89 and never had a bit of alzheimers. I'm 70 and don't have it nor do my siblings who are 7 and 9 years older than me. My Mom made the absolute best fried chicken I've ever had so I'm grateful to have just found the exact same kind of Club Aluminum pan on ebay that she used.