Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electric Mini Chopper

Posted by secsteve (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 9:06

My old hand chopper finally bit the dust and I'm looking for a new one and noticed a Hamilton Beach Deluxe Food Chopper at Wal Mart for $18.00 along with an Oster for $17. Has anyone used or have one of the these mini-choppers and how do you like it.

While my old one was good, it got to be a bit of a chore chopping nuts etc at Christmas time and these seem like they'd be faster.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electric Mini Chopper

I've had one for a number of years and it's a handy little sucker. You just have to be careful not to over do it or you'll have powder.

o

bryansda thanks for the info. What brand is the one you have? I've seen others that I'm also interested in like a Kitchen Aide and a Cuisinart.

Anyone else?

o

I think mine is a Black and Decker, but wouldn't swear to it. I got it as a gift a number of years ago. If you really want some good information try posting over on the Cooking forum, but be warned you may get more information than you want...LOL.

o

Due to space concerns and because I cook only for myself, I use one of the mini choppers (Black & Decker/Toastmaster) in place of a standard food processor. I have been surprised at what a good job it does and how versatile it can be. I got mine on sale for around $8 eight years ago and consider it to be one of my favorite tools. If I need to "process" larger quantities, I simply do it in batches. I see on the internet that the regular price ranges between $12-$17 so should it ever fail, it is not a big deal to replace.

o

I have the Quisinart, and I don't like it at all. I think I paid for the name, thinking I was going to get a good unit. I am always shutting it off and dislodging food it won't grind. It replaced a Herbie I used for ten years, and cost me sixteen bucks. That was the best little mini-chopper I ever owned. I use mine a lot when not in canning season. Then I use one of the big-boys. But mini-choppers are handy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here