Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone hear of LaFont cast iron enamelware?

Posted by marys1000 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 6, 06 at 8:50

I noticed this for sale on target. Anyone
know anything about this? I did a search and
saw some on a british site but they didn't have the
pans with the handles. Which is what I'm looking for.
My La Creuset of 23 years is finally biting the dust
after me burning hummingbird sugerwater on it (my main
two pans:(

Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.cucinadirect.com/go/Category_202.html;jsessionid=aztaJGlPRvQd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone hear of LaFont cast iron enamelware?

The wooden handle would be a deal breaker for me.

o

Google "lafont/la font cookware" - started in France but now apparently made in Argentina. Some good deals are on Ebay.

o

I'm not familiar with LaFont, but can relate to dismay at burning your "good" pots making hummingbird syrup! I don't know if it would work with your Le Creuset pot, but a heavy dose of baking soda with water, repeated twice, worked for my stainless steel pot. The second time I just left it for "ages" though, as I thought it wasn't working.... and when I came back to it, the water had evaporated and the black burned syrup mostly peeled off. Then a little more scrubbing at the pot was good to go.

After that I started making my hummer syrup by boiling the water separately, then adding to the sugar to dissolve.... much simpler! I often make it right in empty Mason jars so don't need to use another container to measure. Just thought you might like to consider that method, if you're nearly as forgetful as me.

o

I agree about the LaFont's wooden handles being a deal-breaker. Part of the appeal and all around usefulness of the enameled cast-iron is the ability to go in the oven without a worry. Not so with the wooden handles...that would greatly limit the utilization. They are pretty, though.

o

Not necessarily. The LaFont comes with two handles: wood and cast iron. One bugaboo though, what they call oval is actually more of a rectangle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here