Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KA Strainer?

Posted by gardenlad (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 28, 06 at 8:45

Now that I've got my Kitchen Aid Pro 600 I'm considering getting the Fruit/Vegetable Strainer. But I'm wondering if it's worthwhile?

Has anyone used one? How did it work for you? Does it do a good job, particularly when prepping stuff for canning? Will it remove small seeds, like those from blackberries?

What about cost effectiveness? It lists at 120 bucks. Is it worth the investment?

Any tips or info will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KA Strainer?

Tired of looking at this, so starting the long slide into oblivion.

o

Keep an eye on amazon.com for this attachment. Sometimes they run specials, like $25 off a one hundred dollar housewares purchase. That, plus no tax and free shipping, could make this strainer a real bargain. If you need it, that is!

o

G-L,
How do you like your 600?

o

So far I love it. But how can you really tell after just a couple of months?

I don't even knead bread, anymore; just let the machine take care of that little chore. And I love the bowl-lift mechanism. We used to have an Oster Kitchen Center, and, as a result, I developed a healthy dislike for tilt-head mixers.

The only sort-of negative is that the bowl is too large when making single-recipe breads, and the full-force of the dough hook doesn't come into play. Same thing with beating egg whites. Just guessing, but I would think the same thing applies with whipping cream, etc.

But I can easily live with that.

For the nounce (y'all know what a nounce is? It's a trice with one of its wings clipped) it's stored on top of the fridge. So I also get some exercize, lifting it up and down from there.

BTW, I wrote KA about the strainer, and they do not recommend using it with blackberries. The seeds, they say, are just the perfect size to get stuck in the screen.

Alas! >:(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here