Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long should Food Saver vaccum before sealing??

Posted by robicho (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 31, 07 at 5:21

Good morning everyone,
I purchased a FoodSaver QuickStart model V2040 this weekend. I tried it yesterday with some turkey that I had cooked on Saturday. I pressed the "Vaccum & Seal Button" and the machine just kept vaccuming in excess of 5 minutes before I clicked on "Cancel". I then tried some ground beef and same thing!

It says that the machine will vaccum and seal automatically but Gees Louise! ... is it supposed to take THAT long!????
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long should Food Saver vaccum before sealing??

That happened to mine after I used it a few times. The first few times it shut off after 10 seconds or so. Now, I have have to hit cancel when it seems done.

I'd take it back if I were you. Since I don't use mine very often, I don't care.

o

Hate to point this out, but are you lining the bag up in the right area, i.e. the channel? If the opening of the bag is "further into" the machine and is overshooting the vacuum area, it will run forever...

o

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!! BUT IT WAS USER-ERROR.

Turns out I had the tubes for the cannister plugged into the machine (just dangling there) and the FS didn't know which one I was using (bag or cannister).

Is that your problem?

PS: Calling FS is a waste of time. They are not knowledgeable about the products.

o

Good morning,
I did what 'joe_..' advised and it worked! The bag must have had a crease in the opening or something and wasn't completely flat. Works like a charm!
Thanks everyone!

o

Glad it worked out for you...

P.S. It's OK to say Joe Blowe!

;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here