Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huesia63

Sitram 11 piece profisserie or Kirkland 13 piece 5 ply ss

hokies
17 years ago

After much research on Kirkland 13 piece 18\10 stainless steel cookware on this forum, I bought the set for my induction cooktop for $199 today. Now, I saw Amazon is selling Sitram 11-piece Profeserie for $129 with free shipping and $25 off which is a great deal. I am wondering if any of you have experienced with both sets and which one performs better. I am not a prof cook but want to own good qaulity cookware. Thanks.

Comments (6)

• vyshtia
    17 years ago

lol - I just went through this. Finally purchased the Sitram 11 pc set from Amazon a couple days ago. Too bad we can't hook up and compare these two sets side by side! =)

The deal with Amazon is $129.99 w/ free shipping. No $25.00 off coupon because it's sold by SmartBargains.com - it's not an Amazon item. (please correct me if I'm wrong) So my total was $129.99 (the best price I could find for this set). Tracking number says it's scheduled to arrive at my door on Dec. 12th.

I ended getting the Sitram because one of the most important feature I was looking for was "no rivets". I have a circulon commercial pan that I use every time I cook and that is my only complaint on that SS pan - that the rivets are hard to clean. That, plus the Sitram seems to get hailed more as a very high quality and bargain cookware set than the Kirkland did. I also ordered a couple of large pieces that were not included in the set, made by Update International.

All the research that I did showed the Kirkland to be a very good set - so you'll prolly be happy with it. I just ended up choosing the Sitram because it seems to rank better, it has no rivets, and it was cheaper.

Hope maybe some of this info is helpful to you!
    Dawn.

• hokies
    Original Author
    17 years ago

vyshtia, thank you for the feedback. When your Sitram arrived could you drop a note here about bottom edge being sharp as mentioned on the other thread. I would not buy this set if it is since I will be using them on my induction hobs. I think most pp here are very happy with them except for a few who expressed the sharp edge as a concern.
    Many thanks,

Hokies

• vyshtia
    17 years ago

Sure thing =)
    It's now scheduled to be delivered by Dec 6th. It's already been shipped...so it's on its way!

There are some others who already own Sitram sets, I think they hang out in the Appliances forum (this forum seems kind of dead)...maybe a post in there would get more replies...

• bobsyouruncle1900
    17 years ago

I'd love to hear how you like them, too! I've read so many good things about Sitram Profisserie, but I've never handled them. I am considering ordering a 2.4 qt saucepan & lid to give it a try but separately it is about $60. This set is a better buy even if I pass along the pieces I don't need.

• vyshtia
    17 years ago

sabrinajk - yeah, the set is an incredibly good price...almost made me wary to buy it because it seemed *too* good to be true...but it's also kind of a "you've got nothing to lose" sorta price too so I'm giving it a shot. If you need separate pieces (like I do), check out the Update International.

...and while waiting impatiently for my new cookware set - check out www.egullet.org (if you haven't already) - that place is full of knowledgeable and cooking obsessed people! Woot!

Here is a link that might be useful: Update International Pieces

• JXBrown (Sunset 24, N San Diego County)
    17 years ago

I've been using the Sitram Profiserie set on my induction cooktop without a problem for the last year. The lids have warped a bit, but the pans are quite nice. Kitchenaid makes a nice set with glass lids, too, for around the same price when it is on sale.

The induction cooktop is glass and no more delicate than any smoothtop. I clean mine with Windex and make absolutely no attempt to protect it and after a full year it is completely scratch free. The concerns expressed by several people on the appliance forum are a bit exaggerated in my experience. I would recommend that you don't drop any hammers on it, but the silicon pads are overkill.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations