Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silly Question about Wolf Rangetop

Posted by wingnut330 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 23:12

Hello all,

We recently had our Wolf 36' gas rangetop installed (4 sealed burner with griddle). We would like to buy new cookware as well but want to get something that will hold up and work well with our new, rougher cooking surface. What do you folks recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silly Question about Wolf Rangetop

Whatever you get, you want a nice thick bottom. We got new pans from Costco when we installed out Viking 15K burners rangetop 8 years ago. Thinner bottomed pans, like my old Revereware, were a recipe for burning food.

Don't worry about a set, but get individual pieces as you need. And a couple of cheap non-stick fry pans, too. Don't waste money on fancy sets.

I've picked up a few pieces of Calphalon at their outlet store, and I really like their stuff.

o
RE: Silly Question about Wolf Rangetop

The article at the link is wonderful to help you decide what you need. It'll take a bit of time to get through it all, but it'll be time well spent. Even if you retain only a fraction of it, you'll know more about cookware than the average kitchen department salesperson.

I think a 'set' is false economy; there will inevitably be an item or two that you never use. IMHO, better to decide what tasks you want to accomplish, then get the best tool for that task that you can afford.

But if you want a set, the Costco Kirkland stainless pots have gotten good reviews, and they're reasonably priced.

Here is a link that might be useful: understanding stovetop cookware

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here