Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
all clad 8 qt stockpot or creuset 7.5 bouillabaisse

Posted by DParker (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 15, 05 at 22:39

Hi. I'm new to this site (I love reading all your postings!), and have a question:

I'm a big fan of Creuset and All Clad and am slowly replacing all my old pots with them -- mostly Le Creuset.

The only question I have is about a stockpot. Anyone got any opinions -- which is a better idea, the All Clad (Stainless) 8 qt stockpot or the Le Creuset 7.5 qt Bouillabaisse pot?

THanks!
DP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: all clad 8 qt stockpot or creuset 7.5 bouillabaisse

Hi DP, Having recently become a big fan of the slow cooking method of infusing flavor into food I vote for the Le Creuset. I'm sure the All Clad is a great pot but there's just something about the way Le Creuset works.

Ken

o

I have both, just adding the Le Creuset about a year ago...

Since then, I use the LC for all my soups, stews, etc., and find I've only used the stock pot for boiling water when I need a LOT of pasta, or sweet corn. All Clad is, frankly, overkill for that sort of thing.

If *I* were doing it over again, I'd buy Le Creuset for my soup/stew pots and get an inexpensive stainless pot to use as a water boiler. Some very nice (and attractive) heavy-bottomed stainless steel pots can be found at a fraction of the price of All Clad.

I like my All Clad, Calphalon, and Le Creuset pieces, but for large pots, that's the way I'd go...

o

Thanks so much. So, you'd make a chicken soup in the LC? I guess it makes sense, I guess I just picture it in a traditional stockpot...

When recipes call for an 8qt stockpot, I assume 7.5 works just as well -- right?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here