Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calphalon

Posted by michele07 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 19, 06 at 21:58

Hi- i would like some advice, please....

Do i want: Calphalon Tri-ply or Calphalon Contemporary Stainless? Other than the finish and the handles, is there much of a difference? 10 pieces of contemporary stainless is $100 more than 13 pieces of the Tri Pli. Wondering if there is much of a difference between the pots...or could you just give me some advice? Thanks, i appreciate it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calphalon

Just one person's opinion, but with Contemporary you are paying for the design. They are both good quality clad SS with full aluminum core up the sides, glass lids, stay-cool SS handles and lifetime warranty. Read the product info on contemporary SS... it talks a lot about fashion, style, design, trendsetting... read: pricey. I took some courses at Calphalon and used both. Performance wise they are similar.

Tri-ply is good solid utility cookware with a traditional look. Not fancy, but it works.

o
RE: Calphalon

I think the tri ply is a more classic look that will blend with other stainless cookware that you might have/acquire. But that's a preference issue. I really like the 13 pc. tri ply set. A great deal at Linens and Things when you deduct the 20% off coupon, which works for Calphalon, but not AC (with painful handles).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here