Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Aid food processor ???

Posted by patsyann (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 20, 10 at 21:28

My old food processor is falling apart and I'm in the market for a new one. I am looking for a 12 cup size and someone said the Kitchen Aid might be the ticket. I'm interested in your opinions and also where I can get one at a reasonable price.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Aid food processor ???

Cooks Illustrated just published (11/1/10) a review of several FP's. They won't let you see the results online, though, unless you sign up for a free two week trial. Cagey, but it might be worthwhile signing up...unless someone will chime in and post the results. They did like the KA food processor in the last review of FP's they did some years back.

Before plunking down $$$ on an item you may be living with for the next decade or so, it's probably worth while to go down to the local newsstand and buy the Nov/Dec 2010 issue. (Or at least read the article there at the newsstand :)--or check it out at the library's reading room.

o

Thanks for the advice.

o

BTW I was at a bookstore last night and looked at the Dec 2010 Cooks Illustrated; they rated the 12 cup Kitchen Aid FP as their overall favorite. This $170 model beat out the Cuisinart Custom ($199) and the Viking ($300+).

o

I purchased the Magimix food processor a few months ago from Williams Sonoma. It was a very pricey purchase and I had given much careful thought before spending the money. I figured WS has great customer service so if it proved not to my liking I could return it.

Well, this Magimix is absolutely awesome. It is the best food processor I have ever had. I had a Cuisinart prior to that, that I hated. The Cuisinart was a pain to put the blades on the attatchment post.....reminded me of trying to solve a puzzle. Therefore, it sat in a cupboard and was never used. The only Kitchenaid processor I had was a mini one, and it worked fine. Don't know about the full size ones. I've also had my share of the cheap ones over the years.

The Magimix parts just slip on and is simple to use, and very powerful. Love it.

Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here