Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indoor Electric Grill

Posted by TriciaE (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 05 at 20:12

I'm watching HGTV's 'Kitchen Trends' and they had a segment on indoor grills. I've been considering one of these for several years. We do not have a grill/griddle on our range.

I've looked at the George Foreman for years but don't like the little tray for grease...just grosses me out to look at it but I like the idea of the draining of fat.

Does anybody have an indoor grill/griddle they really like and actually use? How about flavor...good? bad? no different than something cooked on an electric range? did you use it for a while shortly after purchase and now it just takes up storage space? quality of cooking?

HGTV featured the Breville #800GRXL; Salton's George Foreman Next Generation #GRP99; Bodum's Yukon Electric Table Grille #3010-USA; and Hamilton's Beach #29295.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indoor Electric Grill

Tricia, I've purchased a number of indoor grills over the years, and they all had the same fault: wouldn't get hot enough to sear and carmelize the meats and vegetables. Early this year I finally found one that I really like, made under the Wolfgang Puck label. The grilling surface is reversible, to a griddle on the other side. Adjustable temperatures. Dishwasher safe (except for the temperature dial and cord, of course). Excellent grill marks, but the heat can be regulated for eggs and pancakes on the griddle side. It is not at all flimsy, and has a decent size cooking surface of 11"x17". I am very pleased with this grill/griddle, and use it quite a bit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here