Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Racelettes + Cuisinart Parts

Posted by holly_bc (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 07 at 19:42

This forum doesn't seem well frequented however since it's on topic I thot I'd ask here first.

Re: Cuisinart --
I have one of the original Cuisinarts (Circa '79 or so??)which has always worked fine for my purposes. Unfortunately on our last move, a piece broke off the top which keeps it from connecting to the *on* mechanism. Would anyone have ideas where I might find a compatible top or, alternatively, a reco for 'old parts'?? Much appreciated if you have any ideas to share.

Re: Raclettes --

I'm looking at buying one of these and am wondering if anyone has any personal experience/information on them. Their are several different kinds/price points so any info appreciated.

TIA Holly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Racelettes + Cuisinart Parts

You can often find Cuisinart "parts" on Ebay....keep looking!
As for the raclette iron ( I assume that's what you want) I don't own one but have used several at other people's houses.
One was the sort that had little trays that held the cheese as it was melting....and another was the sort that had a large heating element that you put the cheese tray on top of, bigger and more heavy duty than the other.
The little cheapie one worked fine....but took longer than the other type.
Linda C

o
RE: Racelettes + Cuisinart Parts

Thanks Linda. Bot the Raclette but still searching for Cuininart part. Will try ebay as suggested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here