Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who sells enameled steel roasters?

Posted by awm03 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 18:24

Just checked my turkey, and it's too big for my old enameled steel roaster. I need to buy a bigger roasting pan but don't want to pay extra for immediate shipping via an online purchase.

Does anybody know any stores that are carrying these on the shelves? Probably Ace Hardware, but does WalMart or Target have them?

These roasters make the best turkey. It's what my grandmother used, and it's what I've used for the last 26 years.

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: enameled steel roaster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who sells enameled steel roasters?

This time of year you'd have a hard time NOT bumping into an enameled steel roaster!

Yes, you'll find it at Target, WalMart, Macy's, Sears, KMart, grocery stores, et al...

o
graniteware roasting pans

I double-checked the Target site, and it says "not sold in store (web sales only)". That's why I'm asking if anybody has actually seen these on the shelf somewhere, and if so, what is the store. I'm looking for the large size roasting pan, either oval or rectangle shape.

o

How large are you looking for? I've seen them at Walmart all the time.

o

The 19 inch pan. Or the 22 inch rectangular pan. Thanks, ntt_hou, I'll try Walmart.

o

We got ours in a local supermarket a few years ago (the covered oval one and an open rectangular one). I'm sure they were dirt cheap and worked fine for our purpose.

o

Our local supermarket is selling uncovered oval roasters. Our local Kohl's had the big covered rectangular ones last year, but not this year.

I couldn't get to Wal-mart (shopping is far away here, and I work full time too), so ended up paying inflated shipping price for in-time-for-Thanksgiving arrival. Oh well. The turkey came out fabulous as always!

I've never used the roaster for anything but poultry, come to think of it. Does anybody know if it does a decent job braising? How about roast beef?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here