Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quality bakeware

Posted by carolj_1979 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 17:25

I would like to replace my muffin pans and loaf/bread pans. I have darkly-colored bread pans which seem to burn the top of my banana bread consistantly! I have one loaf pan, very old, that is made from aluminum which is great. Are these pans still available? My muffin pan is an inexpensive brand. Any recommendations on quality pans? Is restaurant quality bakeware expensive and worth the price? I would like to know the brand and the material the pans are made from would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quality bakeware

Commercial bakeware is less expensive than those silicone things....and well worth the cost.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: chicago metalic

o

ITA with lindac. I've tried nonstick, air-cushioned, silicone, whatever, and I threw it all away and replaced it with Chicago Metallic Commercial.

o

1 word - stoneware. I use the Pampered Chef stuff but surely there is equal quality stoneware from other suppliers. If you like hearth cooking the Lodge makes excellent quality, inexpensive cookware including muffin pans.
Sleepyhollow

Here is a link that might be useful: Pampered Chef Stoneware

o

I have a non-stick 1/2 sheetpan from Williams Sonoma that was made by Chicago Metallic. It gets used a lot in our kitchen. So far, so good--I like it a lot.

(I'm not clear about what the "nonstick" material is. I doubt that it's PTFE (Teflon), because an oven is too hot for PTFE. Plus, it's gold colored, which is not usual for PTFE. Whatever it is, it seems to work quite well--I just wipe it with a damp paper towel, and it comes clean.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here