Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sitram Profiserie 11pc Cookware Set - too good to be true?

Posted by vyshtia (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 28, 06 at 17:02

What is with this deal? Smart Bargains is offering it at $129.99 and if you purchase through Amazon.com, you can get a $25.00 discount and free shipping as well...

I've been doing a TON of reading on this subject of affordable/good cookware and have narrowed it down to the Member's Mark Set from Sams Club and this Sitram Set. Since I don't have a Sams Club membership - I guess that leaves me with Sitram.

Everything that I've read on this set is that it's very, very good. The only criticism is that the disc may not go all the way across the bottom of the pan, resulting in some "unprotected ring of fire" where foods can get burnt if on the edge... (I don't konw...)

Anyways, I'm all prepared to purchase this set but have held back because I've always been the type to expect that good items will cost more. I'm really glad that this set is so cheap...but it just seems fishy to me...how can such a great cookware set be *this* cheap?

Can anyone shed some light on this...or allay my fears on purchasing this set?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sitram Profiserie 11pc Cookware Set - too good to be true?

I have several pieces of Sitram Cybernox, which looks to me like the Profiserie line with a Cybernox (a quasicrystal with enhanced release properties) cooking surface. The body of the pan is SS with an aluminum disk on the bottom. High quality stuff. One nice feature is the handles are welded to the body rather than riveted which makes cleanup easier. Also the hollow handles really do stay cool. I think this is a great deal.

o
RE: Sitram Profiserie 11pc Cookware Set - too good to be true?

I am not sure if it is the same set I have, mine was purchased from Costco online for $140 two years ago and was either a 9 or 11 piece set. If it is the same set, the price is definitely right. Mine has the disc bottom and the only complaint, if I can call it that, is that the edge of the disc is a bit sharp. But I have a smoothtop range and don't think it would be an issue on a gas range. It seems to cook evenly to me---any uneveness in cooking I have seen I believe is due to the element on the range and not the pans.

If I had had access to a Sam's club I think I would have considered the Member's Mark. But I didn't and decided to purchase the Sitram set (after research) online and have been very satisfied with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here