Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Henckeles International at Costco

Posted by mrjones (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 07 at 15:20

Costco has a 10-piece set of Henckels Internatinal "Couteau" series knives. The box says the knives are forged in Spain. The set is around $180 (I think). Had been considering Wusthof Classic, but this price is so much better. Any insights on either?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Henckeles International at Costco

Here are some threads on Henckels in general. Maybe there is some info there.

It does sound like a very nice set. I tried to find it online at Costco.com, but they show a different set.

Here is a link that might be useful: search on

o

Years ago I was given a set of Henckels. A couple years ago I bought a cleaver and another Henckels knife to match the set I had. The new ones were made in Spain; the old ones were German. No apparent difference in quality so far. Mine have black wood handles with metal rivets. They never go in the dishwasher. I sharpen them with a small electric oil stone sharpener I got at a yard sale years ago. They keep their sharpness well, needing attention maybe once a year depending on use.

o

If you access Knifeforums.com there will be plenty of posters who can give you detailed info. on the Henckels comparisons. Ages ago, I read that the International was a lesser quality Henckels than the ones upon which the reputation is based, but you can find out there if that is still the case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here